Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Social Networking

Social Networking is a good way for companies to speak to their customers. I read that on February 14, 2014 1-800-Flowers had a bad day on twitter because customers complained about the flowers. People twitted to 1-800-Flowers and someone answered them and asked them for their information so they can get help. If Twitter it not exist they there would be a lot of phone calls but maybe people be on hold for a long time with no one to talk too. Social Networking is great for a business.

However, social networking is not the best for people. Now the only way people talk to each other is by messages in Facebook, Twitter or other networking site or just text messages. In the article Antisocial Networking? by Hilary Stout she said, “Last week, the Pew Research Center found that half of American teenagers—defined in the study as ages 12 through 17 – send 50 or more text messages a day and that one third send more than 100 a day”  At the age of 12 I did not have a cell phone and was happy. The dark side of this is that kids would not talk to you. I have cousin ages 5 through 13 and they have ipod, ipad or a smartphone. If you want to talk to them, you have to take the device away from them. Thank god that they do not have Facebook or maybe I just do not know because I do not have Facebook.

 I do have Instagram and is “private”. I made it private because I post a lot of picture of my baby cousins and I think only the people I know should see them. In the article, Facebook Privacy Is SoConfusing Even the Zuckerberg Family Photo Isn't Private by Rebecca Greenfield wrote, “Thus demonstrating one of the more confusing privacy settings on Facebook. Randi has indicated that she only wants her friends to see photos that she has posted. But the way Facebook works, friends of your friends tagged in a photo album also see the entire roll, unless you choose otherwise in the settings of the album posted” I think that might be the same in Instagram because if people like something I could see the picture but that is about it and I think we should not be surprise because Instagram belong to Facebook.

The future is going to be different by we would not talk to be face to face any more that would be go for some people but for society itself is not. I think we should make this generation less adapter to technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment